Take the Pledge:
- I pledge to reduce my consumption of disposable items for the next 30 days.
- I pledge to focus specifically on one or more items of my choosing, such as plastic bags, to notice and work mindfully with the momentum of my habits.
- Remembering that everything in the world is connected, I pledge to do my best to be aware of the damage caused by lack of attention and careless convenience.
- Knowing that it’s impossible to cause zero harm, I pledge to maintain a sense of humor about my actions as I practice, while still working to limit the negative impact of my consumption choices on myself, others, and the planet we all share.
Thank You For Taking The Pledge
Thanks for taking the time to commit to these pledges. Remember that 30 days is not such a long time to practice this way, when you consider that in just the last 30 years, human society has used up one third of the Earth’s natural resources.
Reply Below with your Name, Location, and How you plan to change your consumption habits throughout the monthlong practice.
– Go to our 24 hour diary page and tell us what 24 hours of consumption looks like for you!
– Discuss How your Practice is going Here.
– Back to Responsible Consumption Home, for resources and more info on events.